* Although airfare and transportation to and from airports is not included, arrangements can be made upon request.
These things are included in the price:
- Moi, MayaJoëlle Aubry, your bi-lingual, personable French native driver and tour guide, with extensive knowledge of the area.
- Rental of a house in a charming medieval village. Fee based on double occupancy. Single room is $250 extra.
- 2 meals a day and one gastronomy experience in a restaurant. For more information on discovering regional food, visit the main page for each voyage.
- Several meals will be prepared by a local cook specializing in local as well as general French cuisine. Other meals prepared by MayaJoëlle, who taught French cooking classes in Chicago and Connecticut, and by guests wishing to informally participate, learn, or share their cooking talents.
- Comfortable car rental, and gas.
- Daily visits to the surrounding wonders.
- A cleaning person for the common area.
- Plenty of personal time.
- Use of Skype when wi-fi is available.
- Receive and make limited phone calls. We will have a French cell phone, and the number will be given to you ahead of time so you can be reached easily.
- Much more than a trip, this is an experience where you can choose to:
— learn some French home cooking
— stay in shape with daily “mise en forme” movement
— focus on simple pleasures
— experience “L’Art de Vivre”
— move at a leisurely, relaxed pace
— hear and speak French
— meet local people and immerse yourself in a different culture and way of life
— listen to or learn and sing French songs together
— enjoy beautiful settings in the French countryside
— feel like a family within our small group of travelers