Provence: The Breathtaking Var Region
Enjoy two weeks in the breathtaking Var Region of Provence
dates to be announced
* Breathe deeply, dance, run freely through the fields of lavender
* Marvel at les Gorges du Verdon, unique in Europe, known as the Grand Canyon of France
* Let yourself wander through charming medieval perched villages dating from 12th century
* Swim in the turquoise waters of the Lac de St Croix
View From Moissac-Bellevue
Sharing A Smile
Gorge du Verdon
Since we are a small group, choices will be made according to the weather (usually very good, 300 days of sunshine on average), open-air market days in some favorite villages, local happenings, etc.
Here are some of the activities and experiences available to us:
- Strolling through the medieval streets of Aups, Moustier-Sainte-Marie,Tourtour
- Meandering trough the colorful markets of Aups, Villecroze, Cotignac
- Discovering the breath taking panoramas of the Gorges du Verdon
- Swimming or other water activities in the liquid turquoise of Le Lac de Sainte Croix
- Stepping into the serenity and antiquity of Bargème, the highest village in the Var, one hour away, and not to be missed
- Spending the day in the Riviera, Côte d’Azur and the coastal beauty of Cassis, St Tropez or St Raphael
- Breathing in the delicious aromas of the lavender fields
- Visiting ancient chapels, churches, monasteries, and priories such as Le Thoronet
- Walking to a chapel overlooking the village of Baudeun and the lake
- Appreciating the Roman remains and the Museum of Prehistory in Quinson
- Connecting with sacred sites such as La Sainte Baume, where Mary Magdalene devoted herself to prayer and solitary contemplation during the last thirty years of her life
- Enjoying numerous activities such as swimming, hiking, biking, kayaking, and more, in breathtaking vistas
Click on image to open lightbox
Connect With French Locals
While you don’t have to speak French to be a part of this wondrous journey, if you do, there will be opportunities to practice and interact with locals. And much more! While there are numerous enchanting, exciting sites to visit, this trip is intended to be not only a tourist experience, but an opportunity to integrate into the daily life of a charming medieval village.
There are no strangers here; only friends you haven’t met yet. —William Butler Yeats
Don’t postpone France!
2 week stay | $3,900*
1 week stay | $2,600*
Contact MayaJoëlle about the discount for 2 or more family members and/or the discount for friends signing up together
Space is limited to 6 people. Don't wait! Reserve your place today.
To pay through PayPal, Square, or to send a check,
please contact MayaJoëlle
* Prices do not include airfare or transportation expenses to the site. Accommodations are limited to 6 people. Reservations are available on a first come first served basis and require a non-refundable $750 deposit to hold the space. Balance of the tour payment is due 2 months prior to departure to guarantee space. Single travelers that do not wish to share a room with another traveler will be charged an additional $250 service fee for a private room. No refund is available on or after travel dates have started.