Dordogne: Experience the Wonder
Explore 50,000 years of History, Caves, and some of the 1001 Castles of Perigord Noir
dates to be announced
* Step into the past * Be in wonder * Explore enchanted castles
* Immerse yourself in a region where, without interruption, man has been present for 400,000 years
La Roque Gageac
Entrance to Castelnaud-la-Chapelle
Some of the things you will experience:
- Trace different periods of history, while discovering other cultures in several historical towns such as Sarlat, La Roque-Gageac, Rocamadour —the vertical village.
- Walk, kayak, ride on a boat, paint, write, recite poetry, sing, play music, or simply relax along the Dordogne River.
- Visit Beynac, a village on the Dordogne River, where part of the film Chocolat (2000) was shot.
- Explore pre-historic caves.
- Stroll through some of the 1001 chateaux of this incredible region.
- Learn how early man lived as far back as 35,000 years ago.
- Discover truffle cultivation on a goose farm.
- Enjoy an evening of tales and legends from Périgord.
- Excite your taste buds with the rich gastronomy of this region.
- Shop at some charming outdoor markets.
- Participate in a weekend walk with locals and other hikers from village to village, one more charming than the other: La Ronde des Villages (according to availability).
- Sample different wines at a local winery.
- And, well, expect some surprises…
Click on image to open lightbox
My Favorite Château
Originating from the 12th century, Château de Commarque has become, over the years, my favorite château. With every visit, the castle unveils more of its original beauty thanks to an ongoing magnificent job in restoration that started over 50 years ago.
At that time, Hubert de Commarque bought the château that once belonged to his family, and had been left over the centuries abandoned and overgrown. Monsieur de Commarque started the process of renovation.
The château is situated in a peaceful, natural and preserved valley, away from noisy tourist sites. Here, one can enjoy the sound of the birds, as well as the view of another castle nearby, and stay connected to nature. The absence of cars or modern buildings creates a very authentic atmosphere.
While already rich with beauty and culture, le Château de Commarque is a site with many secrets yet to be revealed.
The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page. —St. Augustine
Don’t postpone France!
2 week stay | $3,900*
1 week stay | $2,600*
Contact MayaJoëlle about the discount for 2 or more family members and/or the discount for friends signing up together
Space is limited to 6 people. Don't wait! Reserve your place today.
To pay through PayPal, Square, or to send a check,
please contact MayaJoëlle
* Prices do not include airfare or transportation expenses to the site. Accommodations are limited to 6 people. Reservations are available on a first come first served basis and require a non-refundable $750 deposit to hold the space. Balance of the tour payment is due 2 months prior to departure to guarantee space. Single travelers that do not wish to share a room with another traveler will be charged an additional $250 service fee for a private room. No refund is available on or after travel dates have started.