Bienvenue en Alsace
Enter Into An Enchanted Fairyland for Two weeks
dates to be announced
* Experience medieval village life with locals
* Share food and laughter with new friends
* Speak French, English, gibberish
From our home base, we will explore our surroundings:
- To the west, we find the unique beauty of the majestic Vosges mountain range.
- To the east, we can glide on a boat along the Lauch river through the charming town of Colmar, the best preserved historic city center in Alsace with its fairytale feel and half-timbered houses.
- To the north and south, we will follow the legendary Routes des Vins — Alsace Wine Route, and taste some of its famous wines.
- Enter the medieval world while visiting the majestic Château du Haut Koenigsbourg built in the 12th century
- Several visits will be to medieval villages with stunning views offering local restaurants and boutiques, old castles, local vineyards.
- Among the villages we will visit are: Riquewihr (The Pearl of the Alsatian vineyards) and Ribeauvillé, named one of the most beautiful French villages, also knows for their castles — Castle Saint Ulrich, Girsberg castle, and Haut-Ribeaupierre castle.
- We will also visit Eguisheim, an enchanting town that inspired the opening scene of Beauty and The Beast; Kintzheim – the Eagle Park (Volerie des Aigles), a center for the conservation of eagles and birds of prey; Haut-Koenigsburg castle; Bergheim, a small town on the wine trail, completely surrounded by its 14th century wall; Ungersheim between Colmar and Mulhouse, the Alsace Open-Air Museum; and the Abbaye de Murbach.
- Meet the Night Watchman in Turkheim dressed in period costume, carrying a lantern.
- A visit to Plombières-les Bains a spa/hot spring, whose properties were first discovered by the Romans 2000 years ago, will be offered.
- Because of the small number of travelers, you will be able to choose your level of participation. You can trek to three different castles, explore a village in depth, or simply relax and sample local food and drink.
Click on image to open lightbox
Enter The Fairytale
This is the fairytale village of Eguisheim, the town that inspired the opening scene of Walt Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Deep in France’s Alsace region, my (MayaJoelle) homeland, it is ranked one of the most beautiful villages in France, and was voted the “Village préféré des Français” (favourite French village) in 2013. Everywhere you turn you’ll see charming 16th and 17th century houses, beautiful fountains, cobblestone streets, quaint shops, and winding alleyways. Eguisheim and so many other exquisite villages and sights await you on our next journey to Alsace. Come join us!
…all the golden land’s ahead of you and all kinds of unforeseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you’re alive to see. —Jack Kerouac, On The Road
Don’t postpone France!
2 week stay | $3,900*
1 week stay | $2,600*
Contact MayaJoëlle about the discount for 2 or more family members and/or the discount for friends signing up together
Space is limited to 6 people. Don't wait! Reserve your place today.
To pay through PayPal, Square, or to send a check,
please contact MayaJoëlle
* Prices do not include airfare or transportation expenses to the site. Accommodations are limited to 6 people. Reservations are available on a first come first served basis and require a non-refundable $750 deposit to hold the space. Balance of the tour payment is due 2 months prior to departure to guarantee space. Single travelers that do not wish to share a room with another traveler will be charged an additional $250 service fee for a private room. No refund is available on or after travel dates have started.